Monday, May 4, 2015

I got to see Tyler at the area conference!

That will be sweet to see Brother Rex (Friend from our home ward in Ghana on business next week and hoping to see Cody). Yesterday as we were walking home our bishop called us and started to ask me if I was from California, I said yes, then asked me where in California, and I said orange county. He told me that someone from our stake was at his house and wanted to talk to me. Someone with the surname Campbell he is from Mssion Viejo and he said he is married to a Chamberlin girl (Sarah Chamberlin)...I talked to him (Scott Campbell) on the phone but it was super sweet and random that someone from home happened to be inside my ward boundaries in Ghana. Its too bad that we had to go home and do some reports, I really wish that I could have met him at my bishops house but he said he would say hello to you. 


It is very possible that I could skype you on Mother's day. You will need to send me your skype account name so I can call you. Elder Van Wagoner has an ipod and our apartment has wifi from our landlord. So if there is light we can skype, if not I will call. So on Sunday, 2 pm sounds fine, I will call you before and tell you if I can skype, and we will set it up. So you send me your SKYPE account name?

Twizzlas and I


 I got to see Tyler at the area conference. It was sweet to see each other this week. It was nice to see a friend in Ghana. We didn't even know what to say to each other. It just felt comforatable ...like back at home. 

(Love this below: Elder Schoessow's mother was creative and re-wrote a scripture from the Book of Mormon. These pics of these two California friends finally meeting up in Ghana after almost two years inspired her thoughts)

Alma 17:2-3

 Now this son of the Becketts was with Tyler at the time they first attended early morning seminary; therefore Tyler "did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God."
 3 "But this is not all; they had given themselves to much prayer, and fasting; therefore they had the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of revelation, and when they taught, they taught with power and authority of God."

Elder Sibeko and I and our mission vehicle


Some pics from Teshie and Tema. Sorry I haven't had any pics lately, my card reader busted, they dont last long... china stuff. My email will be short, but here are some pics elder sibeko and I and our mission vehicle (not really, we cant actually ride them. This is just a members that we sat on for the pics).




Randy in Teshie

This is our apartment





Goat Head Ward Party It was left over, we just cooked the body, but someone took the head  to make a soup.



Mom this week we had a DRC elder from the MTC come stay with us because he hasn't got a visa to Ivory Coast. He speaks French so he is with elder Van Wagoner and iIam with Elder Udonsa. It was supposed to be for a week, but now it is more. So it has been fun and challenging with an elder in the apartment that doesn't speak english. I hope this week they will put me and elder van wagoner back to gether.


No comments:

Post a Comment