Monday, September 22, 2014

I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ because it has helped me the most!

Wow you just keep finding all of the Elders from Salone. I didnt know Elder Maxfield, but when we were leaving I got to talk to him small. I am impressed that he still has an accent, I am not sure what accent I will come home with it will be a mix.. looks like you guys had a fun weekend!

That email that you sent me about Salone, I know brother Fofanah ( a brother who died from ebola). I was in the Kissy district. The Wellington Branch is in the Kissy District. I wish I could fix it all for them, those people don't deserve it. I have to just forget about them in the week or I cant focus. I write letters to them. Thanks for telling me, I like to hear about them.


When I was on an exchange this week I went to an area that was so nice it looked like I could be walking somewhere back home. Ghana is pretty nice!

Another quick week for us. Our area is looking up finally. We have been working hard and its great to see some of the fruits of the lords work. 

One sweet story for the week. We have an investigator called Sister Angela Doku, she is about 35 or so. She has been taught for a while; the restoration and the gospel of Jesus Christ. She was slowing down and loosing interest. Also, in the past weeks we have been getting to know the members, so we met a sister who lives near Angela, and it was a blessing because Angela lives pretty far away. So we took the member with us to Angela and taught the Plan of Salvation, about the pre -earth life! She was so curious about where we came from and about God, it was sweet to see her show so much interest and she kept saying "I lived with God? wow". There is a lesson for each person that will help them, for Angela it is the Plan of Salvation. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ because it has helped me the most. So that was a blessing this week.

My mission president will be coming to my district meeting  on Tuesday, so I am excited for him to come. I hope he will teach us something sweet, or maybe I will teach the whole time...

That's all folks
Elder Beckett

PS- Thanks Dad, that's what I needed to hear today. Oh and have fun in Hawaii, send me pictures.

"EACH CHILD OF GOD IS OF EQUAL WORTH, THAT IS WHY YOU WERE SENT TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD. TO SHARE WITH THEM THAT GOD LOVES THEM SO MUCH AND HAS A PLAN FOR THEM. I KNOW SOME DONT GET IT WHEN YOU TELL THEM BUT THE ONES THAT DO, WHAT GREAT HAPPINESS AND JOY. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK YOU ARE DOING. "

I LOVE YOU DAD

No comments:

Post a Comment