Monday, June 23, 2014

Surprise !!


Suprise!! So I figured out how to copy pictures on my camera to other cards, so it is a safe way to send them. I just copy some of the pics I want to send onto another card so if they get deleted I will still have them on the card I copied from. So I have tried for about an hour to send you pics and I can only send one. I will try to send more but this computer is lame.



All the Elders that live in Cody's apartment.


 Well its good to hear that you guys love each other....haha. Seems like a perfect Father's Day.

Transfers came this week and I thought for sure that I would be going and Elder Latu and Elder Zenovieff would be staying. Ends up I will be in Wellington for another 6 weeks at least. Elder Latu went to the west end of Freetown to enjoy. The west end has supermarkets and malls. I am excited to stay, but its really hard now, because I feel that I know all of Wellington, and there is no one more to find but I will stay persistent in the work. Elder Latu was great to serve with but I now have a lighter load. Now I'm only a district leader not a trainer too. My new compnaion is Elder Zenovieff and he is from Utah.

We have really been working hard and planning well lately, but it seems as though no one wants to meet with us. A lot of people schedule us for Saturday and Sunday and then at the last minute are somewhere away from their house. We have had a small amount of lessons this weeks, but we have followed the spirit and done our best.

This transfer will make me 10 and 11 months on mission. Wow! Does that go fast... and so many missionaries are coming on missions.

So there is no garbage system here in the east, so we put our trash in a big oil drum to burn, kind of like you see in movies, but ours are trash. Usually the trash burns pretty easy, it consists of plastic and cardboard. This time it was a little wet so we put some diesel on it to help it catch. Diesel combusts at a very high temperature, so when you put a match on it, it doesn't really catch easy. So I bought some Petrol and put a cup of it on. I guess I forgot how flammable Petrol is, I dropped the match on it with my head looking in. A big cloud of flame came out and singed  the front of my hair so I had to cut it. Petrol is really flammable.. haha!! 

Nothing else too exciting this week!

Love you, 
Elder Beckett

No comments:

Post a Comment