Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I am going to Sierra Leone today!


Just you wait till I tell you about what has been going on here! It is so great! My week has been busy! 10 hours in one classroom grows on you in about 3 days but it's very spiritual here! I can't see blogs in the MTC (Mission Training Center) but I will be able to in the field.

Oh... by the way, this is my last day in the MTC! I am going to Sierra Leone today!  I can finally get out of this sweat box and get to the sweaty streets!  The days are long, but the weeks have flown by. I am so ready to get out there and serve the people I am just a little nervous about who my companion will be.

 OH BOY....  give an African some candy and they will come back and ask for everything you possess! The Africans are so funny! 

 I got the news about Hannah's brother, it got to me a little... what happened? How did he die? What did Hannah say at the funeral? How is Sister Smith doing? 

Thats fantastic that Jake is working in the temple. I can't wait for him to be out with me serving the Lord! Anyway, I need to go... I leave in thirty minutes! I have so many things to say, I just don't have time, maybe later today when I arrive in SL or next Monday on P-day.

LOVE
Elder Beckett
Jake and Cody - Missionary Cousins
Jake leaving December 18th for Calgary, Canada


No comments:

Post a Comment