Friday, August 23, 2013

I Made it to Ghana!


Hey! The flights were not bad at all, on every flight I slept the whole time! I think that is because I didn't sleep the night before I left. The airplane we took from New York to Ghana was huge, and was filled with people from Ghana, so the 18 white elders stood out quite a bit! We got lots of questions from lots of people about what we were doing. All of the elders that we flew with were awesome! In the New York airport we had a 5 hour layover so all of the elders went and ate at Buffallo Wild Wings! It was a great last meal in the US and reminded me of all the times me and the guys would go there! Airplane food was terrible, I only really ate the fruit. Thank goodness I had all of those snacks we packed! When we flew over Africa it was covered by clouds so I couldn't really tell what it looked like. But Ghana is awesome! The immigration stations were so crazy and I could hardley understand anyone! We met a woman who was a Latter-Day Saint and she welcomed us to Ghana. When we finally made it through the airport we were greeted by 4 MTC workers who took us across the street to get in two vans. All of our luggage went into one van and all of the elders went into another! There were local people trying to help us with our luggage which we were told to avoid. Anyways I have to go and I'll write more later, I dont have much time though! I love you!

Waiting at the Salt Lake City airport before flying to New York then on to the Ghana MTC (Missionary Training Center).
The no suit elders final destination is Sierra Leone - The suited elders will stay in Ghana - Cody loving his suit free mission already!